Learn about Luther Jackson MS!
As a community, we make a difference by remaining united in the following core beliefs which guide all actions and interactions:
- We uphold The Tiger Code by showing respect, responsibility, and building positive relationships.
- We celebrate all students’ unique physical, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- We prioritize innovation and growth.
- We encourage and expect active participation in individual academic, social, and creative development.
- We utilize a variety of instructional approaches and meaningful supports to engage students, scaffold their learning, and help them reach their full potential.
- We actively collaborate as part of a professional learning community to ensure high quality instruction, develop a positive school culture, and assume collective responsibility for student success.
- We purposefully cultivate Portrait of a Graduate skills (Communicator, Collaborator, Ethical and Global Citizen, Creative and Critical Thinker, Goal-Directed and Resilient Individual).
Strive for academic excellence ○ Create a positive environment ○ Value diversity
FCPS School Profile
Procedures and policies regarding student attendance including information about prearranged absences, excused and unexcused absences, later arrivals, early dismissals, and more.
Learn about the history of Luther Jackson Middle School, about our namesake Luther P. Jackson, and about the history of Luther Jackson High School – Fairfax County’s only high school for African-American children during the era of racial segregation of the public schools.