Global Classroom Project
Our Collaboration with Association International School in Accra, Ghana, to Promote Ending Poverty, Climate Action, Gender Equality & Peace
What is the Global Classroom Project?
Elementary, middle, and high schools throughout Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) participate in the Global Classroom Project, which provides an opportunity for students to work with peers from around the world on authentic tasks and challenges.
As part of the Global Classroom Project, schools select a Sustainable Development Goal from among 17 goals established by the United Nations as a blueprint for peace and prosperity for people and the planet.
Throughout the Global Classroom Project, students also learn attributes of Portrait of a Graduate, which prioritizes the development of skills that will empower FCPS students to be productive citizens of a global community and successful in the workforce of the future.
Our School's Partnership
Partner Country: Association International School, Accra, Ghana
Content Focus: Theater Arts
Sustainable Development Goal: No Poverty, Climate Action, Gender Equality, Peace/Justice/ Strong Institutions
FCPS Portrait of a Graduate Attributes:
- Ethical & Global Citizen: Acknowledges and understands diverse perspectives and cultures when considering local, national and world issues
- Collaborator: Demonstrates the ability to work interdependently within a group to promote learning, increase productivity, & achieve common goals
- Creative & Critical Thinker: Expresses thought, ideas, and emotions meaningfully through the arts
- Communicator: Speaks in a purposeful manner to inform, influence, motivate, or entertain listeners
- Each US student will be partnered with a Ghana student and participate in a variety of activities to get to know each other including written and video correspondence. After an in-depth introduction & research of chosen UN Goals, students will create a monologue using these concepts for inspiration. Each student will then share their original monologues with their Ghana partners who will memorize, perform and share final scene with each other
Global Classroom Project Teacher
- Theatre Arts Teacher, MS