We are excited to share that students, families, and teachers throughout FCPS and in our school community will use Schoology (pronounced /SKOO-luh-jee/) as our learning management system beginning in Fall 2021.
Here is what you need to know now:
- We are no longer using Blackboard 24-7 Learning or Blackboard Collaborate Ultra (BBCU)
- Schoology has a connected web conferencing tool, Zoom
- Schoology works with Google Drive
- You need a SIS/ParentVUE account to login to Schoology: https://www.fcps.edu/node/31379
- You can learn more about Schoology: https://www.fcps.edu/schoology
- Parent accounts will be available in mid-August
- Information about how to login to parent accounts will be shared with you closer to the start of the school year.
- Students already have Schoology accounts
- Students will not see any classes until the grading period starts.
- Students use their FCPS student ID and password to login to Schoology: https://lms/fcps/edu. Look for the FCPS logo to make sure you are on the correct login page.
We will provide families with opportunities to get signed up for ParentVue and Schoology at our Open House on August 18, our parent sessions on August 19, and our Back to School Night on September 1.