Friday, October 19, 2018
- Anyone wishing to stay after school in the Library during 1st session must get a pass from a librarian. Students should sign up for "Staying with a Teacher" on the after-school website and report to the Library at 2:25.
- MathCounts, check outside room 601 to see if you qualified for the round 2 test. Thanks everyone for trying out! If your name is on the list, you need to be present next Tuesday, Oct. 23, in Room 601 for A session to take the round 2 exam.
- The PBIS ROAR Card Store is open for business! Come cash in your ROAR cards for various prizes, chips, candy, or save up 30 cards for a large pizza for a Friday lunch. The store will be open each Thursday and Friday from 7:10 to 7:20. See Mr. Wicks and Ms. Uriona for further details!
- With the weather getting colder and winter soon approaching, I know what you're all thinking...a trip to Costa Rica sounds awesome! From Jun. 18-24 Luther Jackson will be going to Costa Rica to start the summer vacation with a bang. If you have picked up an interest flyer, there is still time to sign up. Your registration will include a round-trip flight, hotel reservations, and meals each day. In addition, we will be hanging out at the beaches, visiting waterfalls, going zip-lining and of course, eating amazing food. Be sure to ask your parents about this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and don't miss out! Please see Mr. Jo in room 612 or Mr. Nanasi in room 308 for an interest flyer or more details.
- Did you remember to get your Impact Aid form signed by your parent or guardian? If not, get it done this afternoon or tonight and return it to your 7th period teacher as soon as possible. Remember, first ten classes with 100% completed forms win a doughnut party for their class.
- The students of Engineering 8 are looking for your used RC cars and trucks. We need to dismantle them for parts. Broken RC cars and trucks are useful. Please donate by dropping them off at room 418B.
- Students and staff! The LJMS winter coat drive is under way. Please bring new or gently used coats to the Main Office, Student Services or the Library between now and Nov. 9.
- LJ’s very own P2 Crew has a Instagram page! Follow us to see all the latest ways we are celebrating and recognizing positive relationships and building student character.
- Yearbook cover design contest: Do you enjoy drawing or design? We are looking for people to submit their best cover design for the 2018-19 yearbook. One lucky winner will receive a free yearbook! Deadline for all submissions is TODAY! For more information, see Ms. Thompson, room 601, or Ms. Barnhart, room 412, for more information.
- Attention students! Come join us for an awesome ice cream social on Nov. 9. The only thing needed to get a ticket is to have perfect attendance starting today until Nov. 2. This means being at school every day and not being unexcused tardy to any of your classes! We look forward to seeing you at the social!
- Call for work, all artists and designers: The Lions Club of Merrifield is again sponsoring the Peace Poster Contest. The theme this year is "Kindness Matters"! See Ms. Lundeen in room 410 if you have any questions or need supplies to create artwork.
- Attention all Jackson students! You are invited create work for the 2018 PTA Reflections Contest. The theme is “Heroes Around Me”. You may submit your original work in these any of awesome categories: musical composition, visual art and design 2-D or 3-D, dance choreography, writing
photography, film-making. Pick up entry form and rules in room 410, the Library, or the Main Office. Deadline for all work is today.