Friday, September 20, 2019
- The pep rally is today during 4th period Advisory!
- Students, if you're interested in getting a locker, locker forms are available in Student Services. All of your mandatory forms must be turned in before you are assigned a locker.
- Would like to pursue careers in cybersecurity and other STEM disciplines critical to our nation's future?Join CyberPatriot Club and Competition. Come learn about: cyber defense capabilities, professional skills such as communications, problem solving, and teamwork, the importance of protecting digital information. Be part of The Air Force Association’s nationwide CyberPatriot competition. Contact Mr. Nanasi at room 308 for further information.
- The World Language Credit Exam is coming in November. If you can write in another language, you could earn high school credits toward graduation. Please see your counselor to register for the exam.
- Join SCA! Our interest meeting is Wednesday, Sept. 25, in room 310. If you're unable to make the meeting, go ahead and pick up an application in the Cafeteria or outside rooms 310 or 613. Talk to Ms. Albertson or Mrs. Lauderdale if you have any questions!
- Interested in Science Olympiad? Join our Google Classroom with join code 6flbnk for more information. Team selection starts Monday, Sept. 23! Students interested in joining MUST take the placement test on either Monday, Sept. 23, or Wednesday, Sept. 25, after school during A & B sessions with Ms. G in room 623. Please sign up for the test through Google Cassroom or by seeing Ms. G.
- The Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology online application portal is now open. If you need help completing the TJ application, or have questions about TJ, please contact Mr. Tickle in Student Services. The online application portal closes Friday, Sept. 27, at 4 p.m., so don't delay.
- Auditions for the fall show have been changed. They will be on Monday, Sept. 23, as before, and Thursday, Sept. 26. All those who have signed up to audition on Wednesday must now come Thursday instead. If this is not possible, please go to Google Classroom (join code llw51o) to change today. There is still plenty of time to sign up so do it today!
- Call for work: RISING GRADE 8 artists and designers: The Lions Club of Merrifield is again sponsoring the The Peace Poster Contest. See Ms. Lundeen in room 410 if you have any questions or need supplies to create work. Submissions are due to Ms. Lundeen in 410 by Friday, Oct. 31. Cash prizes will be awarded! This is wonderful opportunity to use your art skills and creativity to promote a wonderful program!
- Call to all JACKSON STUDENTS: You are invited to create work for the 2019 PTA Reflections Contest. This year the inspiring theme is "Look Within" Create work in any of these categories:
- Musical composition
- Visual art (2-D or 3-D)
- Dance choreography
- Writing: poetry, short story or essay
Pick up submission guidelines and an entry form from the Library, room 410, or the Main Office. See Ms. Lundeen in 410 if you need supplies for any project. The deadline is Monday, Oct. 21, in the Library.