Digital Resources at Luther Jackson Middle School - Parent Consent
Some of the digital resources your child may use this year require parental consent
PARENT CONSENT FORM
This information is provided in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) to provide you with information about the measures FCPS takes to keep student data secure when using digital tools. By completing the digital form linked below, you provide permission for your child to use the FCPS-approved online tools listed below as part of an instructional program.
Listed below are the digital tools that are used at your child’s school that require parental approval, and not all tools will be used by every student. The tools have been carefully reviewed to ensure that they align with the FCPS Learning Model and FCPS conducts the same technical evaluations for all products that use student information.
For information about the specific tools that will be used by your child, please contact your child’s teachers. You will be notified if additional tools are added to this list and given the opportunity to opt-in to tools that require parental permission. Additionally, FCPS may use digital tools that do not collect, use or share any personal information.
You can find more information about FCPS’ commitment to student privacy and how resources are vetted at Digital Resources in FCPS.
This permission will expire at the end of this school year, and can be revoked at any time by contacting the school. If you have questions about any of the digital resources listed below, please contact your child’s school.
Luther Jackson Middle School List
- A selection of resources which go beyond the core services provided by Google Workspace for Education
- Students take a civics-related challenge, gather evidence, and make a case
- Build mathematical models and solve problems
- Digital primary source artifacts and other resources from the Newseum
- Polling website that engages students interactively in the classroom
- Learning tools for students, including flashcards, study, and game modes.
- Cross-robotics-platform programming language for educational robotic systems
- Introductory web-based programming software for elementary students and students new to coding
- Career exploration resources
- Website for vocabulary instruction with online student friendly dictionary